Friday, September 9, 2011

September 5th, 2011

This experience is so amazing, and I have really grown in faith as I have seen how I can be guided by the Spirit as I practice and study, but I cannot WAIT to finally be able to put my efforts towards helping real people who have actually been preparerd by the Lord to recieve this message and come closer to Christ. I thought I knew before I left what it meant to be a missionary, but I only knew what it meant to go on a mission, and the things that have been taught to me here have been so powerful and allowed the Spirit to teach me so accutely that I am learning things abiut things I didn't know I would. Mom, tell brother Moore I plugged his statement, "You don't know what you don't know"! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST FORGOT!!!!!!!!! The night after I emailed you for the Tuesday night fireside JEFFERY R. HOLLAND spoke to us!!! It was SOOOOOO amazing!!! If it take all of eternity (which it very well might) I want to be able to speak with the power, conviction, and authority with which he speaks. He spoke of how we don't have the right (imagine the emphasis and power behind him saying this) to fall away from the church when we return home, after this mission and after the people who have given their lives for this work, the most recent 4 hours ago, we don't have the right to tarnish the name of Mormon Missionaries. A sister was killed in a car crash in New York. This work is more precious to the Lord than any other, because His children are most precious to Him, and millions of people hold Missionaries as the archetype of perfection and hope in the church, and we have no right to take that away from them. He ended with a Q&A, it was indescribable. On a different notem Elder HArrison says to mention him and how hot he is, he really is hilaruious, though, I love the guys in this district. OH, and I realized that my Comp, Elder Bassett reminds me of Zack Carter!!! Maybe a little crazier. I love him though, we are growing so much together. I'll let you know how it is in St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones