Friday, September 9, 2011

August 30th, 2011


Just a quick reminder, I can only write letters on the same day I can email (P-day) so if my writing seems delayed, or if my email doesn't address everything, there SHOULD be a letter on the way with more!
MOM! 1 Samuel 16:7 says not to judge, because the Lord doesn't look on a man's stature, but on the heart! And you can basically just look for Gospel pictures from the set you already have and pick your favorite ones and put them up, and you can also put up your favorite quotes backed with colorful construction paper, especially if they're quotes of general autyhorities telling of the importamnce of the Old Testament, or even scriptures from the old testament. AGH! I wish I could have some tortilla soup!!!! Mother, you seriously make the best tortilla soup I jhave ever had in my life. The food here tastes pretty good, but that's not the problem (nuff said, ask Mike), but breakfast is always the best meal, bacon eggs and hashbrowns with a different entree every day (ie french toast, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, etc.). And I have NO problem with you leaving my room full of my junk, but don't feel bad if you need to empty it out, I totally understand. I really wish I had taken more time to pack, because there are somne little things scattered about that I kind of wish I had, like the letter Riley wrote me that I didn't get a chance to respond to, or the little white tabs mike gave me to mark my scriptures with (in the top drawer to the left of my desk), and stuff like that.
Thank you SO much for setting up my Blog, Bianca!!!! I love you SO much and I LOVED getting that wonderful letter from you! (message to all who wrote me, responses are pending, I'll get them out ASAP) How did Max do at Disneyland?? Did he absolutely LOVE it?! Tell him I have his balloons he drew for me hanging up above my desk! I'm glad Mike has been able to squeeze in a few moments to send me a few words, I really do appreciate it. Everyone here gives me a hard time because I get so much mail I'm like a post office! I only have one day a week to reply to it all!
I REALLY hope things are going well with Annie, please contact her, the missionaries were probably a little over-zealous because the work has slowed down it seemed and they need good, proper uses of the Lord's time. Talk to sister Barton if you still can't get ahold of her.
NAOMI! I love you SO much little sis. I know I didn't tell you until recently, but I hope you know it's true, and that Mom isn't lying when she says that she used to say I had the most promise to do great, but that you are thus far surpassing me without breaking a sweat. Please keep making good choices and sticking to FSOY, it will save your life one day if you need it to. I love the labelling on your tear drop, bytheway, my comp got mad at first and said I was bragging when I hung your letter up and I yelled back at him that it was from my little sister and it was staying up!
Thank you for the encouragement, Maxine! I LOVE that scripture you shared with me! My classes are really good, and we've had kind of a weird deal with teachers, but the two actually assigned to me are AMAZING! Brother Hawkins and Sister Lamplugh, she's single, got back last year from Winter Quarters, he got married six months ago, and I don't remember where he served. Sis Lamplugh got to go through the temple with us today though, and it was SO cool! We went last week, but it was ASL, so kind of distracting. The Provo Temple is of course beautiful, but, and It's not just because I'm from there, I have yet to see one match the San Diego Temple for beauty. Even if it's while I'm gone, I am SO excited for you(Maxine) to be able to go through when you do.
Thank you for sending the email from David, that was really cool! I am SO excited for the field, the new missionary program he was talking about is truly amazing, I have been here only two weeks and have improved an enormously humbling amount in being able to share this gospel. This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I'm not even out in the field yet, but that is exactly why we are set apart, because with the help and strength of the Lord, we can heft any burden, even greater than that which we are able to bear. Believe it or not, I had some anxiety issues at the start, it freaked me out, because I did NOT see that coming, but I am doing fine now, my mind is clear and I am learning at an incredible pace. Oh, and Ev is my favorite godmother EVER!!!! She sent me a package of cookies one day and then sent me ANOTHER package a few days later with candy, silly putty, erasable pens and more in it! I have so much support from so many peiople, I am so blessed.
I also am not sure if I have:
the other memory card
shot record?
still need to talk to Maxine(or someone else) about Discover
I love you all so much, but my computer time is up and my comp wants to leave! I miss you, but I cannot come down, for I am doing a good work (name that scripture)! I will write you all soon, and OH!!! I will be calling at either 7-8am or early afternoon in a week!!!!! PLEASE be available, I will call the house phone first, then mom's cell!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones